Mission Food Bank Volunteers
St. Joseph’s Mission Food Bank is looking for food bank volunteers to help supply nourishing food to our community and the encompassing areas. With soaring prices, more and more people are facing the challenge of providing for themselves and their families. St. Joseph’s believes that everyone should have access to wholesome food, regardless of their income. Volunteering not only feeds those in need but is also an opportunity to build a stronger community.
Here are some of the tasks you can expect when volunteering at the St. Joseph’s Mission Food Bank:
- Sorting, weighing and cleaning fresh food for storage and distribution
- Packing food hampers for biweekly dispersal
- Sorting and boxing donated items
- Restocking or repackaging grocery items in our distribution area
- Helping to distribute perishable and non-perishable food items to clients
We are also looking for volunteers for the following:
- Fundraising Events
- People to help stock and organize Tuesday and Wednesday mornings
- On-call drivers to do pick-ups with the refrigeration truck
- Sponsoring families in need
Benefits of being a Volunteer
There are many mental and physical rewards for volunteering at your community food bank. If you have been thinking of becoming a food bank volunteer, but haven’t yet, here are some reasons to help you decide:
- ZThe chance to give back and make a difference in your community
- ZProvides new experiences and builds new skills
- ZInvolves physically activity
- ZHelps you to step out of your comfort zone, to make new friends and create new opportunities
- ZVolunteering looks great on your resume. It shows ambition, social responsibility and dedication
- ZProvides a feeling of satisfaction, confidence and self-worth
When you volunteer you are helping others and also helping yourself. Volunteering can help to alleviate stress, anger and anxiety. Caring for and working alongside others can have a great impact on your general mental and emotional well-being.
If you can volunteer your time towards the Mission food bank, please contact:
Or use the form below
St. Joseph's Food Bank
St. Joseph’s Food Bank is supported by community members, business and service organizations as well as the Catholic Archdiocese of Vancouver and the District of Mission.
Donations can be dropped off 9am – 12pm 7 days a week.
Food Bank Hours
St. Joseph’s Food Bank distributes food every 2nd Wednesday & Thursday of the month from 9:00am – noon
32600 7th Avenue
Mission, BC V2V 2B9